This ad is expired.
- Director, Human Resources Administrative Services (Director I)
- Go to our website »
Director, Human Resources Administrative Services (Director I)
Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: Q - $130,000 - $202,400
About CalOptima Health
CalOptima Health is the single largest health plan in Orange County, serving one in four residents. Our motto - "Better. Together." - is at the heart of our mission to serve members with excellence, dignity and respect. We are a public agency made up of compassionate leaders and professionals working together to strengthen our community's health. We are continuing to build a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within our community where employees have a sense of belonging, and are valued for their ideas, contributions, and their unique individual perspectives they bring. CalOptima Health has been recognized as one of Orange County's best places to work, so we know there is something special about our organization. It is why people choose to work here and why they choose to stay!
About the Position
Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director I (Human Resources Administrative Services) is responsible for collaborating with CalOptima Health's management and staff, consultants, benefits administrators, insurance providers, retirement advisors and other entities to ensure accurate fiscal implementation of employee compensation and benefits are in alignment with applicable legislation, statutes, policies, and other agreements. To ensure fiscal accuracy, the incumbent conducts regular and frequent internal audits of the implementation of employee compensation and benefits, such as supplemental, incentive and overtime pay, health and wage insurance, deferred compensation, and retirement plans. The Director will also be responsible for Human Resources record retention practices, policy maintenance, project management, and Fair Labor Standards Act compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivates and promotes a mission-driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity, and accountability.
- Directs and assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with the leadership team and staff to support short and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Plans, conducts, and documents payroll, pension, retirement, and benefit audits, identifies discrepancies, provides recommendations for corrective actions, and oversees the implementation of approved corrective actions to assure compliance with rules and regulations, policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and related departments, such as Accounting, Information Technology Services (ITS), and Payroll to conduct internal audits to ensure accurate fiscal implementation of employee compensation and benefits.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understands, interprets fiscal provisions of employee compensation, benefits, retirement plans and wage-related policies, contracts, agreements, and laws to advise human resources and finance staff and leadership regarding:
- Public Employees Retirement Law (PERL)
- California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Workers' Compensation
- COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL)
- Short and long-term disability
- Internal Revenue Codes (IRC) 401(a) and 457(b)
- CalOptima Health policies and agreements such as those with retirement vendors, health and wage insurance providers, etc.
- Audits system configurations and payroll reports on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure accuracy of PARS contributions, CalPERS reportable compensation and compensation limits, overtime, benefits rates, and deductions, etc.
- Initiates, identifies, and participates in the development, coordination, documentation, and implementation of HRIS and/or payroll system requirement updates or enhancements for new pay policies, pay systems and/or benefits.
- Reviews, recommends, and revises CalOptima Health's policies, programs, guidelines, procedures, and workflow related to all areas of responsibility to align with legislation and to address audit findings.
- Coordinates the development of the year-end total compensation employee statements.
- Prepares and presents reports and requests for the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and executive management.
- Develops and presents training and education related to areas of responsibility.
- Develops, maintains, and tracks budget and processes invoices for the HR Department.
- May provide employee supervision, including assigning and evaluating work, setting goals, conducting performance evaluations, training, and making recommendations on hiring, discipline, and terminations.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Public Administration, or related field required.
- 7 years of progressive accounting, finance, payroll and/or human resources experience required, which includes some benefits and wage administration responsibilities.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above is also qualifying.
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with CalPERS
- Experience conducting financial audits
- Experience with a public and/or government entity
About our Benefits & Wellness options:
At CalOptima Health, we know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), low-cost medical/vision/dental insurance options, and paid time off. To support quality work-life balance, we allow flexible scheduling during core business hours, telework options for some positions, work schedules that allow every other Monday or Friday off (9/80 schedule), and a wellness program featuring diverse activities. Additionally, CalOptima Health contributes 4% of pensionable earnings to a 401(a) retirement program with no required employee contribution. Employees also have access to 457(b) retirement plans with pre/post-tax contribution options.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/4163
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency